Changes

by - 23:40



♪ Jay Z- On to the next one ♪

I've changed a lot in the last five months and there are a bunch of reasons: leaving my hometown. living on my own, studying Medicine, being away from my best friends (and coming to terms with the fact that we can only rely on Skype and Facebook to keep in touch), not being able to hug my little sister and parents every day and having survived the first storm of finals in Med School. I don't think anyone can ever prepare you for the first important exams in your life as a student: I had 8 major exams (not counting English, Psychology etc.) in the course of 24 days and it has been the most intense and challenging experience I've ever had. 

I really wanted my comeback post to include a list of the changes I noticed:

- I'm more confident than ever that I chose the path that's right for me- as hard and impossible the finals were, I realized I love studying all the subjects and that I really can't see myself in any other place!

- I don't get scared so easily-  I used to panic before an important test- sure, the fear is still there- but I'm more confident and I handle stressful situations better.

- I know when enough is enough- During those 24 crowded days I had times when I would just sit all day at my desk and then days when I would go out for a movie ( on that subject, you HAVE to see Whiplash, it's genius!), for a Starbucks coffee (we now have Starbucks in Iasi too, yay!) and listen to some good music to clear my mind.

- I like.. snow! I have always dreaded winter and the unbearable cold, but it all changed during the winter holiday. I went on a trip to Busteni with some of my best friends- we stayed there for 4 days and we faced train delays, a LOT of snow & cold and yet I loved every single moment of it because we were together! We cooked all the meals on our own (um, okay, on the 1st of January I gave up and went for a delicious pizza- photo proof in this post), we visited a lot of beautiful places ( the Cantacuzino Castle is a must see, I'm so proud our country has such an incredible heritage), played a lot of hilarious games, danced, laughed- I just felt infinite and I cherish the memories we've made!!

- I have less.. regrets! Every week I did not post on this blog due to university work I felt really sad and had tons of regrets. Now, I finally realized that I have kept in touch with the fashion world by constantly following the updated on various fashion websites and with my readers thanks to Instagram and my Facebook page (you can check them both when you miss my posts, I post updates often). Sure, it's not the same as the act of blogging but, I want you guys to understand how I really feel about Med School right now:

"I began to realize how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. If you are interested in something, no matter what it is, go at it full speed ahead. Embrace it with both arms, hug it, love it and above all become passionate about it. Lukewarm is no good." — Roald Dahl (one of my favourite authors)

- I really want to improve my... time management technique. I'm starting the second semester on Monday and I hope I learned a thing or two from the first one when it comes to time, so I want to believe I'll update this blog from time to time because there are so many awesome photos I took this winter and I would really like to share them! Of course, I want to also share my thoughts on the 2015 Spring Trends. I guess we'll see, fingers crossed!

Now, some of the photos we took during our AMAZING trip to Busteni:


EDIT2
Waiting for another train due to bad weather- we decided to do an impromptu photoshoot and had so much fun!
IMG_7375
With my best friend S. - she told me she won't be able to come, and yet on the first night, at 00:00 I see the guys going out without telling me a thing and I go crazy like: "S. is coming, right??" - Nobody would give me any clues, but I was right! It was the best surprise, we finally got to spend NYE together.

poză (4)
The Cantacuzino Castle- so beautiful and with such a powerful story
poză 1 (1)
With Cristi, don't mind my vampire face -20 °C

IMG_7596
My NYE outfit- I went for comfy because the cabin was quite cold so I needed my jeans and fluffy sweater ( the sweater had glitter all over it, in my defence!)

IMG_7689
That pizza I still dream about and a yummy hot chocolate- just what you need as an energy boost when you're constatly going on mountain hikes.

EDIT3 EDIT4
Are ski pants fashionable? I personally loved wearing them, plus the funny straps, but it seems it's not a really popular opinion haha!

You May Also Like

6 comentarii

  1. Cool blog, I like your pictures!

    xoxo
    KD
    http://kdtrendingtopics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, so glad to have you back. I hope you pass all your exams. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is so cute!
    I love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just checking your blog and wow I really like it and it is very inspiring so if you do not mind please check my friends blog http://wanderlustxvi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you check out my blog and let me know if you like it please twicestyledxoxo.blogspot.com

    or email me twicestyled15@gmail.com

    love your blog

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! If you read/saw the whole post and you would have something to say don't hesitate! Thank you very much for passing by, it means the world to me!

Have a nice day! ♥♥♥